Topics

Fw: FEBRUARY 2011 MISSOURI SECTION NEWS

John W. Smith

From time to time I've put things in the CMRA newsletter from the ARRL Mo
Section News. Since it came today, I thought I'd share it with the group so
you can see what it is, if you're not already subscribed to it.

Do you think it should be posted here each month, or should it be left up to
individual members to subscribe if they want this info?

----- Original Message -----
From: "ARRL Members Only Web site" <memberlist@...>
To: <kc0hsb@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:50 AM
Subject: FEBRUARY 2011 MISSOURI SECTION NEWS

FEBRUARY 2011 MISSOURI SECTION NEWS

DALE BAGLEY, KØKY MO SM

I want to encourage all those that enjoy operating in contests
to mark their calendars for April 2 and 3, 2011. Those are the dates of
the Missouri QSO party that’s sponsored by the Boeing Employees
Amateur Radio Society of St. Louis. To get the rules and other
information go to http://w0ma.org/mo_qso_party.htm and at the bottom of
the page click on the rules link.

I had the pleasure of visiting with Jerry Gentry, WAØH who
lives in Springfield, MO, at the OMAR Hamfest last month. He told me
about the latest version of the logging program he had written called
MicroLog. Jerry has just upgraded his MicroLog making sure that it can
run under most Microsoft operating systems and he has added several new
features to earlier versions. MicroLog can be used to assist operators
who want to keep track of contacts and in addition it will keep track
of records for awards like WAS, DXCC, Counties, 10 x 10, IOTA and about
half-dozen other awards. One of the features of the program I like is a
built in database for U.S. Amateur Radio ops. FYI, Jerry’s website
is www.wa0h.com .

JANUARY 2011 HAMFEST (REPORT

North Kansas City Hamfest was held on January 15, 2011 in
North Kansas City, MO. This was the second year for the NKC Hamfest
sponsored by the Northland Emergency Response Group. Everyone I talked
to at the event thought the Hamfest was a great success. The Forums
were well attended and there were several major Amateur Radio vendors
participating.

On January 29, 2011 the St. Louis & Suburban Radio Club
held their Winterfest in the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville,
IL. Again this year all the tables were sold and attendance was
excellent. The SLSRC Winterfest Committee did their usual outstanding
job of hosting this year’s event. MO SM Dale Bagley, KØKY was
pleased to be joined at the ARRL Table by Ron Lowrance, K4SX President,
Missouri DX/Contest Club and Assistant Midwest Director. Ron promoted
the ARRL Sanctioned 2011 WØ DXCC Convention in Leavenworth, KS. The
convention is July 23, 2011 at the Leavenworth Riverfront Community
Center. The latest updates go to http://www.w0dxcc.com/ .

AFFILIATED CLUB NEWS KEITH HAYE,
WEØG, ACC

The Callaway Amateur Radio League will be operating from
Westminster College again to celebrate the 65th anniversary of Sir
Winston Churchill’s “Iron Curtain” speech March 6, 1945. The
Special event will be operating from the campus of Westminster College.
They have been granted the call WØC to be used March 4-8. The CARL is
also sponsoring classes for weather observers on March 3, 2011. There
will be two classes at 2:00 P.M. and 6:30 P.M. in the Callaway County
Health Bldg. on the airport road.

The Hannibal Amateur Radio Club announced that Tony Gilliland,
WØPGL, was unanimously voted as our HARC 2010 member of the year.
Tony, who also serves as the HARC officer, was honored for all of his
hard work he had done for our club, currently and over the years. That
includes keeping the club repeaters going, doing the club paperwork,
taking care of the clubs finances, officer duties and being a great
member. Tony was to be presented his award at our club supper, on
February 5th, 2011 at Fiddlesticks restaurant.

The Boeing Employee Amateur Radio Society has announced
that the 2011 Missouri QSO Party will be held April 2 and 3rd. The
categories are MO Fixed, MO Rover, MO Multi-Op, MO QRP, US/VE, and DX.
CW QSOs count 2 points/contact and SSB contacts count 1 point. The BEARS
are making an effort to increase the number of MO Section members that
are participating in the QSO Party. There are 114 counties in Missouri
and the independent City of St. Louis. Check out the website and get all
the detailed information about the MO QSO Party.
http://www.w0ma.org/mo_qso_party.htm Then start planning to be part of
this year’s Party, I know you’ll have some fun.

The Mississippi Valley DX and Contest Club, has set its budget
for funding DXpeditions. The MVDXCC has budget part of these funds to
support the Spratly Island DXpedition. Jay, KØJFI reported that the
Club Christmas Dinner Party was a huge success with approximately 40
attendees enjoying good food and camaraderie.

The Heart of America ARC joined with the Kansas City Area Blind
ARC in celebrating at their annual Holiday Dinner. It was announced
that the dues for 2011 would be the same as 2010 and that they would be
electing the 2011 HARC club officials at the next meeting. HARC club
members who want to renew or those interested in joining should check
out the web link http://www.qsl.net/harc-mo/MemberApp.htm

SECTION ARES REPORT FOR JANUARY 2011

Kenneth Baremore WØKRB SEC

For the latest updates in appointments and ARES
activities please go to the Missouri ARES website.
http://www.ares-mo.org/.

Total # ARES Members 875

Number of Drills, Testing, Etc. 176

Number of Ham Hours 1520

Number of Public Service Events 18

Number of Ham Hours 891.5

Number of Emergency Operations 7 Events

Number of Ham hours Emer. Op. 618

Total ARES Operations this month 201 Events

Total 3030 Ham Hours

7 out of 9 districts reporting

SECTION TRAFFIC REPORTS JANUARY 2011

LARRY WILSON, KØRWL STM

MO SECTION NET Sessions 41 QNI 92 QTC 11 Net Mgr. K9ZTV

MO SECTION NET Sessions 31 QNI 1866 QTC 223 Net Mgr. KØRWL

MESN Sessions 8 QNI 458 QTC 80 Net Mgr. KØVET

Callaway Co CARL Sessions 4 QNI 71 QTC 0 Net Mgr. WBØHNK

Boone Co CMRA Sessions 4 QNI 97 QTC 4 Net Mgr. NØUBC

Benton County Sessions 5 QNI 67 QTC 1 Net Mgr KCØFDF

District E ARES Sessions 9 QNI 115 QTC 17 Net Mgr NØRIC

Howell County Sessions 3 QNI 24 QTC 1 Net Mgr. KØRWL

Current River ARC Sessions 4 QNI 29 QTC 0 Net Mgr. KNØD

WCMOFMSN Sessions 5 QNI 66 QTC 6 Net Mgr. WEØG

Jackson County Sessions 5 QNI 89 QTC 1 Net Mgr. KØUAA

CSRC Wellsville Sessions 4 QNI 24 QTC 0 Net Mgr. KCØYNE

Macon Cnty ARES Sessions 4 QNI 56 QTC 1 Net Mgr. KØKY

Osage Co Skywarn Sessions 2 QNI 14 QTC 0 Net Mgr. WAØKBZ

Clinton Co ARES Sessions 5 QNI 27 QTC 0 Net Mgr. KCØQLU

Rolla RRARS Sessions 31 QNI 461 QTC 13 Net Mgr KDØDMH

St. Louis Cnty ARES Sessions 11 QNI 96 QTC 14 Net Mgr KBØH

Sullivan ARC Sessions 9 QNI 154 QTC 3 Net Mgr. KBØROX

Taney Co TLARC Sessions 1 QNI 5 QTC 2232 Net Mgr KBØOFD

WAARCI Sessions 5 QNI 154 QTC 1 Net Mgr KCØYEH

Texas County Sessions 31 QNI 497 QTC 2 Net Mgr. NØTPE

St. Frances Cnty ARES Sessions 4 QNI 31 QTC 0 Net Mgr ACØRV

MOVoIP Sessions 5 QNI 183 QTC 0 Net Mgr KBØROX

Mid-MO ARC Sessions 4 QNI 73 QTC 0 Net Mgr. NØZH

West Central MO Net Sessions 5 QNI 61 QTC 1 Net Mgr. KDØCNC

KC ARES Digital Sessions 5 QNI 30 QTC 1 Net Mgr. KDØEAV

Northland ARES Sessions 4 QNI 85 QTC 1 Net Mgr. KØKEX

Tri-County ARC Sessions 4 QNI 46 QTC 0 Net Mgr. NØAUY

Co ARES Sessions 5 QNI 38 QTC 1 Net Mgr. WA5ICX

10th Region CW Sessions 61 QNI 0 QTC 96 Net Mgr. WØSS

10th Region SSB Sessions 30 QNI 0 QTC 142 Net Mgr. KØVTT

Totals Sessions 331 QNI 4084 QTC 2633

10th Region Participation CW 87% K9ZTV, KCØM, KØRWL, WØSJS,

W7FB, NDØN,
Net Manager WØSS

10th Region Participation SSB 100% KCØM, KBØOFD Net Mgr. KØVTT

Corey

I aready subccribe to it, So my vote is not to post it here...Thanks, Corey

[...]

Michael J. Hauan

A simple link to the newsletter or a specific item that might be of local interest or even one we might take some action on might still be useful.

mjh

From time to time I've put things in the CMRA newsletter from the ARRL Mo