Guidelines for Amateur Radio Operators/ Scout frequencies

Corey

Greetings to everyone participating in the Scouting event, Look forward to seeing you around 8:00am Saturday morning.
Please take a look at this link.   Remember to bring everything you might need for your stations, Dont forget chairs...It's my understanding there are no picnic tables available for our use.  Please be prepared with paper & pens, or laptop for logging your station contacts. I'll be sending an event report form to the BSA National Council and will sending them the logging information along with pictures or anything else of interest during this event.  If anyone has questions or comments please pass them along.....

Stations that participate in JOTA should call “CQ Jamboree” or answer stations doing so. Any authorized frequency may be used. The World Scout Bureau recommends that stations use the agreed World Scout Frequencies:
  • 80 meters -- 3.690 and 3.940 MHz (SSB), 3.570 MHz (CW)
  • 40 meters -- 7.090*, 7.190 and 7.270 MHz (SSB), 7.030 MHz (CW)
  • 20 meters -- 14.290 MHz (SSB), 14.060 MHz (CW)
  • 17 meters -- 18.140 MHz (SSB), 18.080 MHz (CW)
  • 15 meters -- 21.360 MHz (SSB), 21.140 MHz (CW)
  • 12 meters -- 24.960 MHz (SSB), 24.910 MHz (CW)
  • 10 meters -- 28.390 MHz (SSB), 28.180 MHz (CW)
  • 6 meters -- 50.160 MHz (SSB), 50.160 MHz (CW)
    * Amateurs in IARU Region 2 are not authorized to transmit on these frequencies.
These are “calling frequencies.” After contact has been made, you should move off that frequency (either above or below) to continue your contact and allow others to use the calling frequency.
The AO-51 satellite will be made available for JOTA. It will remain in its current configuration, with an understanding that contacts involving Scouts will be given first priority during this period. The current operating mode of AO-51 is as follows:
  • Uplink: 145.880 MHz FM (no PL tone)
  • Downlink: 435.150 MHz FM
Please keep in mind that this is not a contest to contact the most stations during JOTA. You do not need to submit your logs

Astronaut and scout master Mike Fossum is planning to participate in JOTA from the International Space Station. His schedule is somewhat flexible on the weekends but will not be available for every pass.
The typical crew work periods are 0800-1930 UTC but they are sometimes available a bit later.
Check to see if the ISS will be passing over your area during that time period.
When available, Mike will be listening on the ITU Region 1 (Europe, Russia and Africa) uplink of 145.20 MHz and ITU regions 2 & 3 (everywhere else) will use the uplink of 144.49 MHz. He will be using the call sign NA1SS.
Worldwide downlink (where he transmits) is 145.80 MHz.
(Thanks Kenneth Ranson at NASA).

Bill McFarland <wmcfarland@...>

Corey,
Plenty of time to answer this question, but are we all intending to use the special call sign that is registered for the JOTA, KM0BSA? I’ll get that into my PSK macros, if so.

bill

Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:43 PM
Subject: [CMRA] Guidelines for Amateur Radio Operators/ Scout frequencies

[...]

Bill, Yes we are, Glad you brought that to our attention... The call we will use is KM0BSA.     Thanks, Corey

73  Corey / KC0YNS