FEMA Emergency Management Institute opened a new Independent Study Course on January 5, 2011.
The course is entitled IS-909 Community Preparedness Implementing Simple Activities for Everyone
Here is a brief synopsis of the course:
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the definition of preparedness.
- Describe the role of individuals and households in preparedness.
- Identify community preparedness principles.
- Describe the purpose of community-based preparedness activities.
- Identify the steps for planning and conducting a community-based preparedness program.
- Identify resources for supporting community-based preparedness programs.
Whole community including emergency management personnel and representatives of faith-based and nonprofit organizations.
Here is the link to this new course:
It would be a good class for all "Amateurs" to complete. It shouldn't take more than one hour to complete and pass the ten question test to receive your Certificate of Completion.
73 Corey / KC0YNS