Jamboree on the Air 2011

Corey

73  Corey / KC0YNS

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Dale Bagley" <dbagley@...>
Date: October 28, 2011 5:55:28 PM CDT
To: "COREY MESENBRINK" <kc0yns@...>, "Cliff" <k0ca@...>
Cc: <hq@...>
Subject: Re: Jamboree on the Air 2011

Congratulations Corey to you and all the Hams that participated in the JOTA event.  Great pictures and I believe activities like this help plant the seed that can grow into a new Amateur Radio operator.
73 Dale Bagley, K0KY

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:41 PM
Cc: hq@...
Subject: Fw: Jamboree on the Air 2011

News from Great Rivers Council Booneslick Dist Troop 68 : JOTA, OCT 15, 2011 Camping at Pine Ridge Area Campground Ashland, MO.
KM0BSA
Wanted to update everyone on the Scouting (JOTA) event. First I want to thank Don Moore (KM0R) Troop Master, For inviting the Central Missouri Radio Association to participate in the 2011 (JOTA). Also a big thank you to all the Ham operators : Joe(KC0WGB), Wes(AB0SE), Hank(KD0BVQ), Richard(AC0MP), BOB(W0BUX), Dave(KV0S), Jake(KD0IRU) Bill(N0AXZ), Norm(KC0FNA) who came out to help set up equipment and help with the Scouting event. Also want to include our thanks for the Ham operators, Max(KC0SRL), Dale (AE0S), Tim(KC0TXW), Tom(KD0MRI) Nancy(NM0C) Jack(N0KSF) who participated in some VHF local calls. It takes contributions from everyone to put on such a successful event, If I missed anyone I apologize for the error.
There were 10 boy's who made a total of 63 contacts, From Columbia & Jefferson City Missouri to Mexico City, From the East Coast to The West Coast. The Scout's also enjoyed going on Several Hidden Transmitter hunts. Both the band conditions & The weather was great. Don(KM0R) Lead the group in prayer before they served up a tasty Chili & Hot Dog lunch. Seeing the enthusiasm on these kids faces made the whole event worthwhile for me. Hopefully we will be invited back next year, If you didn't get a chance this year please mark your calenders for the third Saturday of October 2012.....
On behalf of the (CMRA) & Great Rivers Council Booneslick Dist Troop 68  Midway Area, We want to show our appreciation to, Ron Widbin of Channel ABC 17 News. Even though Ron had a busy schedule due to a Missouri Home game (Home Coming) , He still found time to do a story, Covering our event Saturday morning. This will be shown Nov 7th at 5:00PM ABC17 KMIZ, & 9:00PM KQFX Fox...Thank you, 73 Corey / KC0YNS