NEW - Lipo safe bag for charging or storage

Hillman, Richard E.

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 8:59:42 AM
To: Hillman, Richard E. <HillmanR@...>
Subject: NEW - Lipo safe bag for charging or storage

WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.
View this email in your browser
Buy now for $11.99

Lipo safe zipper bag

Recharge LiPo battery packs safely with Tenergy's large flame retardant safety bag. 
  • Triple layer protection ensures fires are smothered before they get out of hand
  • Flame retardant up to 2000°F
  • Easy-to-use design with double zipper, velcro seal, top handle, shoulder straps
  • Large size to use a storage bag for multiple battery packs
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Tenergy Life
Our mailing address is:
Tenergy
436 Kato Terrace
Fremont, CA 94539-8332

Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
update your preferences
unsubscribe from this list

Chris Swisher

Be very careful if you choose to use this bag. I would not use it indoors.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:20 AM Hillman, Richard E. <hillmanr@...> wrote:

WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.
Practice safety first when using Lipo battery packs
Buy now for $11.99

Lipo safe zipper bag

Recharge LiPo battery packs safely with Tenergy's large flame retardant safety bag. 
  • Triple layer protection ensures fires are smothered before they get out of hand
  • Easy-to-use design with double zipper, velcro seal, top handle, shoulder straps
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Tenergy Life
Our mailing address is:
Tenergy
436 Kato Terrace
Fremont, CA 94539-8332

update your preferences

Hillman, Richard E.

Thank you Chris.
Richard 

From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Swisher <Komu8ce@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 11:36:47 AM
To: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@cmra.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CMRA] NEW - Lipo safe bag for charging or storage

Buy now for $11.99

Lipo safe zipper bag

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Tenergy Life
Our mailing address is:
Tenergy
436 Kato Terrace
Fremont, CA 94539-8332

update your preferences

Boback

There are a lot of videos on both sides of this issue out there. The Model Airplane people (which I am one of) have been dealing with this for a while. The products this person is dealing with have been proven safe when used properly. That includes, minimize the number of batteries being charges at one time, charge at a slow 1C maximum rate, charge outside, preferable on concrete or gravel, and don't use puffed batteries. I have seen Lipo and other similar types of battery burst into fire. They are difficult to put out and best let them burn out.

Let's be clear. These products do NOT contain the fire/burn. They are designed to minimize it. There are dozens of examples of people charging in their cars, only to have their cars burn up due to a burst battery.

In my experience, the people with the most problems with their batteries either, 1) charge to fast, or 2) don't wait until the battery has cooled before charging; thus abusing the battery.

My recommendation is to keep them in a metal box (Ammo can, drill a couple of holes in the top for fire vent if necessary), with only a few batteries per box, store the box on a concrete surface (such as in your garage), and away from other flammable materials.

After many years of Radio Controlled flying and dealing with these batteries, I have yet to have a problem as I follow my rules.

There, my 2 cents.

Bob Ackerman, N6VZO

On 3/30/21 11:36 AM, Chris Swisher wrote:

Buy now for $11.99

Lipo safe zipper bag

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Tenergy
                                                          Life

Our mailing address is:
Tenergy
436 Kato Terrace
Fremont, CA 94539-8332

update your preferences

KC0EZE Ernest Shaw

I have been storing my lipos in an old ammo can as Bob suggested.  Mostly because it pretty fire resistant, and I happened to have a spare lying about at the time I started playing with lipo batteries.  

KC0EZE 

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 1:38 PM Boback <RNAckerman@...> wrote:

There are a lot of videos on both sides of this issue out there. The Model Airplane people (which I am one of) have been dealing with this for a while. The products this person is dealing with have been proven safe when used properly. That includes, minimize the number of batteries being charges at one time, charge at a slow 1C maximum rate, charge outside, preferable on concrete or gravel, and don't use puffed batteries. I have seen Lipo and other similar types of battery burst into fire. They are difficult to put out and best let them burn out.

Let's be clear. These products do NOT contain the fire/burn. They are designed to minimize it. There are dozens of examples of people charging in their cars, only to have their cars burn up due to a burst battery.

In my experience, the people with the most problems with their batteries either, 1) charge to fast, or 2) don't wait until the battery has cooled before charging; thus abusing the battery.

My recommendation is to keep them in a metal box (Ammo can, drill a couple of holes in the top for fire vent if necessary), with only a few batteries per box, store the box on a concrete surface (such as in your garage), and away from other flammable materials.

After many years of Radio Controlled flying and dealing with these batteries, I have yet to have a problem as I follow my rules.

There, my 2 cents.

Bob Ackerman, N6VZO

On 3/30/21 11:36 AM, Chris Swisher wrote:

Buy now for $11.99

Lipo safe zipper bag

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Tenergy
                                                          Life

Our mailing address is:
update your preferences