Topics

Report: California Earthquakes Disrupted HF Propagation on West Coast

Ralph Howard

This came to me from my old ARC in Hayward, CA.

Very interesting.  I have never heard of this before.
I doubt it affected line of sight radio, I think it would be hard to Raf disrupt a repeater, as long as it has ax power and the antenna isn't laying on the ground.

Perhaps for our 120 mile links need more power?  Say a kw?  For 40 perhaps a hillbilly beam.  IE three vertical antennas space out to make a beam, pointed to where we need to get to.

73 fer now

Ralph Howard
WD6BGN

John W. Smith

Fascinating.

John, KC0HSB

On 7/10/2019 4:00 AM, Ralph Howard wrote:
This came to me from my old ARC in Hayward, CA.

Very interesting.  I have never heard of this before.
I doubt it affected line of sight radio, I think it would be hard to
Raf disrupt a repeater, as long as it has ax power and the antenna
isn't laying on the ground.

Perhaps for our 120 mile links need more power?  Say a kw?  For 40
perhaps a hillbilly beam.  IE three vertical antennas space out to
make a beam, pointed to where we need to get to.

https://qrznow.com/report-california-earthquakes-disrupted-hf-propagation-on-west-coast/

73 fer now

Ralph Howard
WD6BGN