Sad electronic news

Fred Dittrich

All

My brother in St. Louis reports that Gateway Electronics has closed for business.

Mike Morgan

Sad news indeed. I have done business with them in the past.

On Jul 25, 2021, at 3:36 PM, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:

All

My brother in St. Louis reports that Gateway Electronics has closed for business.

Don - KM0R

Sad news indeed! My first introduction to Gateway Electronics was their
store in San Diego when I was in the Navy. One of the first (of many)
projects I built with items from there was an Helium Neon laser power supply
for a laser tube I had also picked up there. That project earned me the
callsign Laser Man. LOL

73,
Don - KM0R

My brother in St. Louis reports that Gateway Electronics has closed for
business.

Ralph Howard

This seems to be nation wide.  The bay area was famous for electronic surplus goodies.  Now they are all gone.  I guess eBay and general lack of interest killed them.  And some real bad management