Scouting event, Oct 15 2011 Jamboree-on-the-Air (JOTA)

Corey

Just wanted to update everyone on the Scouting (JOTA) event. First I want to thank Don Moore (KM0R) for inviting the Central Missouri Radio Association to participate in the 2011 (JOTA). Also a big thank you to all the Ham operators : Joe(KC0WGB), Wes(AB0SE), Hank(KD0BVQ), Richard(AC0MP), BOB(WX0BC), Dave(KV0S), Jake(KD0IRU) Bill(N0AXZ), Norm(KC0FNA)  who came out to help set up equipment and help with the Scouting event. Also want to include our thanks for the Ham operators, Max(KC0SRL), Dale (AE0S), Tim(KC0TXW), Tom(KD0MRI) Nancy(NM0C) Jack(N0KSF) who participated in some VHF local calls. It takes contributions from everyone to put on such a successful event, If I missed anyone I apologize for the error.

There were 10 boy's who made a total of 63 contacts, From Columbia & Jefferson City Missouri to Mexico City, From the East Coast to The West Coast. The Scout's also enjoyed going on a Hidden Transmitter hunt.  Both the band conditions & The weather was great. Don(KM0R) Lead the group in prayer before they served up a tasty Chili & Hot Dog lunch. Seeing the enthusiasm on these kids faces made the whole event worthwhile for me. Hopefully we will be invited back next year, If you didn't get a chance this year please mark your calenders for the third Saturday of October 2012.....

On behalf of the (CMRA) & Great Rivers Council Booneslick Dist Troop 68 we want to show our appreciation to, Ron Widbin of Channel ABC 17 News.  Even though Ron had a busy schedule due to a Missouri Home game (Home Coming) , He still found time to do a story, Covering our event Saturday morning. This will be shown Nov 7th at 5:00PM ABC17 KMIZ, & 9:00PM KQFX Fox....

If anyone has something to add please do so, I'm sure I missed something....Thanks again everyone!!!   73   Corey/KC0YNS

Michael J. Hauan

Great work, Corey!

Michael James Hauan
-------------------------------
email:  mjh@...
home:  573-642-8150
cell:  573-823-7114

On Oct 16, 2011, at 6:54 PM, COREY MESENBRINK wrote:

[...]

Wes Sherman <b.sherman@...>

You did a heck of a job, Corey.  Congratulations.

73
wes
ab0se

Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:54 PM
Subject: [CMRA] Scouting event, Oct 15 2011 Jamboree-on-the-Air (JOTA)

[...]

Bill McFarland <wmcfarland@...>

Corey,
Thanks to you the scouts had a great time on the JOTA, because if you had not had those knifes, etc., for their prizes with a each one’s filled out log sheet, I am afraid that even though I was having great fun making contacts to XE1L in Mexico City with three of Luis’s Mexican scouts at his station, a Fire station, a light house, an island off the cost of New Orleans, a National Wildlife Refuge, a mobile in Los Angles on 10M, and another scout troop camping out at Camp Oscar, Summerville, SC (WN4BSA), and the New York QSO party on a very quite 17M band, the boys just might not have stuck with me to make those contacts. But they wanted their chance at your prizes!

Several of them also showed a good interest in Bob Clinton’s code practice oscillator, learning to tap out SOS. They liked to be busy.

And I certainly agree that the food, friends, scouts and propagation couldn’t have been better!

We should e be doing more of these events Smile.

See you on the air,
73,
bill, N0AXZ

Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:54 PM

[...]