From: cmra-bounces@... [mailto:cmra-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Michael James Hauan
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:29 PM
To: Central Missouri Radio Association
Subject: [CMRA] Upcoming programs and stuff...

Greetings Everyone!

At next week's meeting, Norm Lampton, KC0FNA will tell us about ham radio, ARRL, Missouri and how the law works into it all. Should be illuminating!

We have several interesting topics for the following months -- radio use in caving, radio use in falconry, local solar power initiatives -- but I've not yet got dates assigned to each.

As you know, several of us made a survey of the antenna situation at the club station in January. I've ordered a multi-band trap dipole with workable physical dimensions to replace the one that's fallen. I'm expecting it's arrival soon so we can start thinking about another antenna party. We'll have three tasks to accomplish -- replacing the old with the new dipole, re-securing the other end of the end-fed HF long wire, and confirming the condition of the beam rotor controller.

All this falls in the category of general house-keeping but also anticipates the upcoming Missouri QSO Party (see attached rules and info) which is the weekend of Mar 31 - Apr 1. Please note, this is *NOT* the first full weekend of April, as we originally thought and as is written in the rules attached. I don't know the reason for moving it forward this year -- maybe conflict with Easter, which is April 8.

Making this weekend a party for the club would be great!

73

Michael James Hauan
email: mjh@...
home: 573-642-8150