WRT54G

Michael J. Hauan

Got my hands on one yesterday. Set it up as a MESH router in a jiffy with only a few hiccoughs -- mostly due to my incessant need to fiddle with stuff I shouldn't (without RTFM, that is).

Can't do much without another router to "mesh" it with. When I get another, I'll check out how a few apps work through the mesh. When that works as needed, we can experiment with the 24dBi parabolic antennas, which are on the way.

I'm figuring out how to set up the gateway function now.

You can get one to play with on eBay for $20-30. Just make sure the firmware version is 4 or less. MFJ has a 15dBi 2.4Ghz yagi for $30 or so.

73!

Michael James Hauan, ACØG
email: ac0g@...
home: 573-642-8150
cell: 573-823-7114

Jake Surdal <jsurdal@...>

I have one you can borrow...

On Oct 15, 2011 9:34 AM, "Michael James Hauan" <mjh@...> wrote:

Got my hands on one yesterday.   Set it up as a MESH router in a jiffy with only a few hiccoughs -- mostly due to my incessant need to fiddle with stuff I shouldn't (without RTFM, that is).

Can't do much without another router to "mesh" it with.  When I get another, I'll check out how a few apps work through the mesh.  When that works as needed, we can experiment with the 24dBi parabolic antennas, which are on the way.

I'm figuring out how to set up the gateway function now.

You can get one to play with on eBay for $20-30.  Just make sure the firmware version is 4 or less.  MFJ has a 15dBi 2.4Ghz yagi for $30 or so.

73!

Michael James Hauan, ACØG

Michael J. Hauan

Thanks, but just got another one so have already started playing!  If you're interested in developing a ham mesh, and not using your Linksys for anything, we can set it up, too.

Michael James Hauan
-------------------------------
email:  mjh@...
home:  573-642-8150
cell:  573-823-7114

On Oct 15, 2011, at 11:04 AM, Jake Surdal wrote:

I have one you can borrow...

On Oct 15, 2011 9:34 AM, "Michael James Hauan" <mjh@...> wrote:
Got my hands on one yesterday.   Set it up as a MESH router in a jiffy with only a few hiccoughs -- mostly due to my incessant need to fiddle with stuff I shouldn't (without RTFM, that is).

Can't do much without another router to "mesh" it with.  When I get another, I'll check out how a few apps work through the mesh.  When that works as needed, we can experiment with the 24dBi parabolic antennas, which are on the way.

I'm figuring out how to set up the gateway function now.

You can get one to play with on eBay for $20-30.  Just make sure the firmware version is 4 or less.  MFJ has a 15dBi 2.4Ghz yagi for $30 or so.

73!

Michael James Hauan, ACØG

Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...>

Michael

Mesh would be a good topic for our monthly meeting. I've heard about repurposing linksys routers but would like to know more about meshes. Just a thought.

73

Fred  KD0PAI

web:  http://www.hauan.org